4/22/09

ello!
To sum it up, I am doing a free Projekt and a photography Fachkurs and I plan to do a lot of personal projects, some which include:

1. A stop motion combining photography and different light sources
2. An illustrative project
3. Redo some old designs
4. A spray paint project
5. A self portrait
6. A photography project
7. Some motion ideas that I have since I'd really like to improve and learn more about After Effects
8. (This one should be first) But I'm planning on entering a poster for the Poster Competition for TSA (Toronto Society of Architects) and that's due May 11.
9. For my free Projekt class, I'm thinking of doing another video that combines projections and images. The last one was ok but I think with more experience this time around, I'll do something better :) Also, I have four months to complete it instead of the meager 2 weeks that I spent putting my last video together.
10. my website (special thanks to philler :D )
11. A silkscreen project
12. ...... maybe the motion project with a good friend at York

This semester I hope to really get all of this done since it felt like I took it easy until February when everything was due last semester.

Lately, I'm finding myself very restless. I need to do something. I work on one project for a short while and then switch to the next. Then, I'll go run some errands, come back and start another project. This isn't panning out so well because I've started almost all of the personal projects stated above and I'm unsure if everything will get done (although I'm very determined to do them all! :P) I'm also finding that time is flying by really fast! Week after week I just don't know where the time has gone.

But anyways, I need to post more pictures eh?

This is the super cute Jakob. He's a friend of a friend's baby and he is one of the most well behaved babies I've encountered! Give him a remote and he will be amused for hours! :P

This is one of the 3 parks in Weimar called Park An Der Ilm (Park next to the Ilm River).

The following pictures are of my poster around the city. I didn't end up sending these photos in with the scholarship package because I didn't think it fit well with the design. I hope I made a good decision! :P










with <3,
mw

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm going to comment backwards, starting with your poster. The design is so different from what I've seen! It doesn't feel like a "manwai" design, but I really like it... and I'm also afraid to see what you produce next year (it will blow all our minds away)

Das Park is beautiful. It reminds me of unionville, where I had an environmental installation a couple years back ♥ I wish we had something like that closer to York (Stong pond doesn't count) :P

UGH I LOVE CUTE BABIES :(!!!
Jakob ♥

You have quite the list of projects! I wish you luck completing them. I'm struggling to learn aftereffects for my type-in-motion class....but I don't regret taking the course. I want to try and develop my final project to incorporate some drawings, but I fear that my ambitions can't be executed based on my lack of technical skill :P

*sighs*

I'm going to read your next entry.