Summary:
1. Magazine of magazines. (finished) Our class was responsible for designing 7 magazines. A friend and I completed the "magazine of magazines" which we called Raster. We later complied a package of the 7 magazines and sold it at a party that we also hosted (February 13). The party went very well :D but we didn't sell many packages so the rest of them are going to be sold in small bookshops around the city. We are also looking into selling it at a book fair in Leipzig which would be great but I'm not sure about that yet, but we'll see!
2. Bauhaus Kino. The Bauhaus is celebrating it's 90th anniversary this April. The word "Kino" means "film" and thus Bauhaus Kino is a film exhibition that is based on the theme: What would Bauhaus students in the 1920's create if they had the technology we have today?
Since 2009 marks a rather large anniversary, the Bauhaus is also inviting international people to visit and see the works created from modern day Bauhaus. My job is to create a film that could have the potential to be in the exhibition. A panel of judges will judge the films created in my class and pick the ones that they think represent modern Bauhaus the best. At the moment, my deadline is March 4th which is the day that I have to present my film.
My thoughts on this project: I'm very very nervous about this since I have no experience with film and After Effects. I also have BIG ideas so I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. On the plus side, I'm very glad I have the opportunity to battle out After Effects here in Germany and not have to worry about learning it back at York. Also, another plus, is that my work is being published in a magazine!!! :D It's a German magazine about design and media and hopefully, I'll be able to grab a copy before I head back to Kanada!!
3. ANONA. I'm taking an exhibition class and I want to exhibit my typeface ANONA. (see below!) I'm still working on that but the deadline isn't until March 31. :D and my prof just wants me to present my idea and some experiments to show that my idea for the exhibition is indeed plausible. However, being ambitious, I want to create an actual exhibition and if that doesn't pull through, I'll create a video instead. :D
It's February, and do you know what that means? It's Halloween in Germany! I'm not sure why but there's definitely a story behind it. People here like to dress up for the whole month of February. Sometimes I see little witches running around with the pointed hat and everything. Other times there are girls in cat costumes strutting the streets. Weird but interesting!
As for March, I'll be heading off to Scotland for a week. Audrey and I will be visiting Peter, whom we met at our hostel in Berlin in November. I'm very excited about this trip since I've never been to Scotland before!! Maybe I'll try hagis... or maybe I won't! We will see.
love, liebe and <3,
mw
1 comment:
Mui Mui!
I'm glad to hear the party (feb13) went well. And it's exciting that you might be able to sell these magazine packages in small bookshops!!! Such a great opportunity to get your work out there...
It looks like you did the exchange at a pretty opportune time! If you get to be part of their anniversary exhibition, that's considerable exposure professionally speaking! I say take advantage of everything you can (I know you have the ideas!)
I wish I could be more helpful with After Effects, but I know zilch. I'm hoping to learn something through type-in-motion (which I'm going to ask Val if I can join her class...LOL...hopefully). We'll see we'll see~ but yes, do grab copies of magazines/anything you can before coming home!
OOH I FINISHED MY TYPEFACE TODAY ACTUALLY!!! I handed in my final just this morning...what a relief! Now to focus on Editorial...haha...*panics*
OOOH that's so interesting that they do Halloween in Germany in February! I learned in class that Portugal does the same thing (Halloween in February). It's called "Carnival", maybe they are related...but yeah my teacher said the only thing that is different about Portuguese Carnival is that there lacks the eerie, monsters, witches, ghosts + jack-o-lantern theme... its more like a celebration where people dress up and stuff. Hmm.....honestly Halloween should be in the summer when it's warm enough to dress in costume :P (at least where Canada is concerned).
SCOTLAND! You have to eat hagis. It's customary :P
♥
Post a Comment