I've been working on an exhibition that exhibits a typeface I created. This is what I wrote for the intention of the exhibition (the typeface is called ANONA):
A typeface is a symbol for expression. It’s an abstract picture of language and thus I would like to show ANONA not only through the letters of the alphabet but also through it’s characteristics; to live within the typeface, as if it is an expression of its own.
I don't want to elaborate too much but just have people experience it. Here's a few pictures from what I tested. It's very much in the beginning stages. For the design, I really want to break apart the shape of the projection. Instead of the fixed rectangular solid block that the projector shoots out, I want to bend that shape using mirrors and the corners of the room. I also don't want it to be completely random... more like a planned randomness which is going to be difficult. I also want to have the viewer be engaged within the design. In other words, the movement of the viewer will also be projected onto the walls and that you will be able to see yourself.





Next up are some magazine pictures. I'll post one now as a sneak peak and post more later... next week maybe.
Also, I might have found myself a partner!!!
with l-o-v-e,
mw
2 comments:
holy...magazines! O_O;; soo many!
and the projections look really cool.
I must admit the last 2 entries confuse me a little...I feel like I'm not exposed to the context enough! :(
but it sounds like you're really in the groove of things now. And you said you're afraid to come back to york? (why? your ideas have evolved so much!)
michael stock told me he saw you + audrey on webcam the other day!!! I miss you guys a lot...
and I just noticed the date! Happy Valentines! Also, yesterday would have been your project due date? did everything run smoothly?
♥
Well, I guess you have your magazine party and hope things are going smooth. We have been tracking you and worry about you out there without too much support. You know our love will be always with you.
You seem to have gone through a lot of things in these few months. We are really proud of you. Enjoy the study and enjoy life. Take care and see you soon.
Tony and Winnie
Post a Comment