2/6/09

4 things:

1. Will you be my partner? I'm in search of a partner that can work with me on my other projects :D. Someone to really reason with me and work through the nuts and bolts... quite literally. For my other 2 projects I'm working on (an exhibition and... another exhibition :P), I am required to be building something up. If you're willing and capable I would love to work with you! Give me a ring-a-ling! ;)

2. I finished my magazines today, finally! (*victory dance*) :D I've talked about it a lot but that's what has been taking up my time. After the pages were printed, we still had to put the book together which includes folding pages, binding and trimming and with 300+ on our sleeves, it was definitely time consuming. I learned a whole lot about offset printing and the production process in general. :D

These magazines are my babies! As Stefania would agree, I think I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive and crazy. (This calls for a small rant that was in me while working on the mags: People, please stop taking my mags! :( It's not even done yet! I'll give you one when it's done so just hold off ok? I know when someone touches/takes one. I stacked it in a special order, please just leave them alone!) Ok, I'm good! Nevertheless, it's not complete until next Friday which is the scheduled Magazine Release Party (Friday the 13th). With that said, my class is panicking but it's a good thing we hold meetings throughout the week. Most groups aren't done their magazines yet and we still have to create invitations, find a room to host the party and set everything up. I'll be sure to take pictures or even a video. And hopefully later, I'll post some pictures of the process of us making our magazines!

2.1 OHHH... I forgot to mention my somewhat "crazy" idea I have. I'm getting more and more ambitious each day. My magazine (called "RASTER") shows a project that a group of students worked on and so I'd like to take this and bring it back to York. I'd gather a bunch of people (if they are willing to have some fun) and work on a project together for around 2 days and then put it all in another magazine. It would be "Issue 2, RASTER: The York Edition," since the first issue was called "RASTER: Das Bauhaus Edition". On the other side of the world, in Italy, Stefania will do the same. This way we have a German edition, Canadian edition and an Italian edition. Wouldn't that be cool?!

3. Something that I really enjoy doing is this whole exhibition and presentation thing. Apparently, the Bauhaus likes to host exhibitions at the end of each semester to showcase the work that everyone has done and each exhibition requires a lot of planning and organization. Just yesterday, Audrey and I attended a Product Design exhibition and currently there's a Free Art exhibition and it's really a great idea to be able to see what everyone else has been working on. Unlike York, which holds this "exhibition" thing called the "grad show" at the end of one's degree, I think it would be great to see each year's work! (Not even school work, anything you would like to show... maybe photography, illustrations... whatever!) Maybe not in such a formal way as the "grad show" but something where the students of each year can organize together and get to know each other better in a more comfortable setting instead of the infamous labs... Maybe a goal that's far from the future but a goal that we would take on! :D

4. I'm terrified to go back to York... :S but until then, I won't worry.

take care <3,
mw

No comments: