7/11/09

Prost!!

(Prost means Cheers in German)

I am done!! :D There has been two things that took up my life for the past week.

Number One: my typeface exhibition for the Rundgang. My typeface is named Sheldon + Dukakis (it's weird but I like it). I posted my poster and ticket design in an earlier post (in April) and for the exhibition I wanted to transform the poster into real life. The typeface is inspired by hexagonal shapes and 30-60 degree angles.

Give me:
4 full days
3 large wooden panels
a canister of black paint
a whole lot of tape, foam core and paper
some nails and metal rods
a vinyl cutter
and an idea

and this is what I come up with... The lines match up from different perspectives. It looks like it's just tape stretched across but it's paper and runs across different shapes and panels so the lines are infact not straight. (If that makes sense)



Number Two: the BAU-HAUS-FEST. Here are a few photos of the flyers around the city. The event was on Friday and it rained but nevertheless, we improvised and had a good time indoors. :) There was live music, an international buffet, a puppet theater, Syrian dance and a water-slide outdoors (with the rain) :)

Will post photos and maybe some videos in a few days!










all my love,
mw

No comments: