10/11/09

gala apples are delicious

...consuming one right now. haha.

but anyways... :) Just wanted to do an update since the last post. Everything seemed to run so smoothly since then. (It still is, except for a few rough bumps in the road). My schedule was good, organized my time well, did more extra-curricular things than design (maybe not such a good idea :P but I'll elaborate later*), loved every moment... in other words, I had a life apart from design/school. Oh boy, that doesn't sound good but it felt nice for that period of time... until school tapped me on the shoulder and politely reminded me that I had a few deadlines creeping up.

*And now I'll elaborate: Keeping myself and my free time away from design is actually a very difficult task for me! If I have time, I'll work on it... forever. And for those who know me best, I won't/can't let anything be done without putting all my energy into it. And that in itself isn't healthy for the design nor for me. So, as a personal goal I wanted to pursue other things I'm interested in as to balance myself, so I did. Playing tennis, squash, and badminton, following the CrossFit regime as best I can, having a "Cookoff Friday" (where friends get together here at my place to cook, chat and have fun), volunteering. Pretty much, doing a lot of sports, cooking and volunteer which is something that I really enjoy.

SO, WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?

1. Montreal with some awesome people

2. Sports
Which is something that I can't really show... haha. But this and fitness has actually been taking a lot of my time and I'm really liking it:
The feeling of health.

3. Talking about Design and Globalization
This was for school. I haven't done that much reading and writing in a long while. For my Image and Influence class we had to write an annotated bibliography following closely on 5 different articles all integrated in large with popular culture, history of design and public space. For my Information Design class I did a pecha-kucha presentation (15 slides and 20 seconds each all accounting for 5 minutes in total). Our first phase was to do research, a report and presentation about a global issue... mine was globalization and this was how it went... haha:
Honestly, this was the bulk of what I had to say, of course mixed with some other slides like this:





4. Video
Lately, I've been helping my good friend with video shoots with my neue camera! :) It's been good and soon the editing will be done and up on the web! I don't take credit for anything but holding a camera :P Felix does all the editing and it's for Gloria who has a fashion blog called www.urbanebloc.com. Shooting from the 5th floor of TEL onto the 4th floor we constructed letters of "urbanebloc" which stretched around 3.5 metres wide.
Just yesterday we went to Main Street to do some filming and I can't believe I didn't know about this place. It was love at first site. <3 Brings memories back from Europe and Langley (BC).

5. Painting
I'm doing a paining for a friend's Charity show coming up this month. Still working on it so no process photos just yet! I'm happy to pick up the good ol' paints again though.

6. Happy Thanksgiving
Our household held a dinner and had tonnes of fun! Food, Cranium and Taboo to say the least!

with love,
mw

No comments: