Surprisingly, I have been quite busy!! I finished a poster for the Green Design Poster Competition for TSA (Toronto Society of Architects). Finished the poster for a China and Canada presentation which me and a friend (Luyao) will be organizing this Thursday. I'm so nervous for it because we were both kind of forced into doing it!! Luyao even told me that this presentation is giving her more stress than her school assignments! But anyways, the presentation is still on and I've got to get working on that :P
I am also in the midst of finishing Samantha Tse's website: www.samanthatse.net. Check it out and give some feedback! It's really not final right now. There's still a lot more things to fix up etc. but the general design layout and interface is there... the content needs to be better.
This is my Green Design Poster. In the beginning, there were a lot of elements and I just decided to strip all the unnecessary things and so.... it's kind of naked to my eyes but hopefully it just brings the message across :)

And this is the poster that I did for the China presentation. As you can seeeee I've been practicing and trying to improve my illustration skills so both the Shake Your Green poster and this one, feature some illustrations :D I did the Chinese painting of the grapes when I was only wee big (around 10-12 years old maybe) but I'd like to do some more Chinese paintings in the near feature!! And I did the moose sketch to represent Canada....how typical EH? :P. Also, feel free to click on the images to enlarge, if you don't know that already :P

Speaking of Canada... I was grocery shopping today and I noticed this guy who was wearing a Whistler, Canada shirt!! It had, of course, a snowboarder on it and then when I actually looked at the guy, I could tell he was so Canadian! There's just certain people who have that Canadian vibe to them.... soo awesome :)
Um.... was noch? (what else?) With school, I have also been quite busy (the other things were side projects outside of school). My prof wants me to actually realize my exhibition idea so that it can be featured in the "Summary" in July. The Summary is like a general gradshow for all students if they wish to present their work. I already knew when I was pitching my idea that it was impossible to actually create and now he wants me to make the impossible... well... possible. :S I even had to contact a stage design company and ask if they can somewhat fund my project :S
Aside from school, I have been strumming away on the guitar :). I've been having small jam sessions with a good friend named Ulrike. She's a violinist but somewhat know the piano and guitar too.
My realization this month: That things take time. And that I cannot do everything... perfectly... all the time... Although I'd like to try :) With that said. I'm 75% sure that I'll be taking a 5th year at York. But we will soon see!
love love,
mw
2 comments:
The poster is nice and I feel sorry for missing the writing of the words in Chinese. However you have got someone to do so and it is nice. I feel so bad !
I love the "shake your green" poster design! It's really refreshing to see you use illustration ♥
Can't wait to see photos from your trip to Berlin! :D When are your classes finished?
Post a Comment