What I learnt from this project: it is very very difficult to work with such a strong direction (angle). Don't do it again.I went to watch Romeo and Juliet in the park this weekend and thank goodness it was a good day :) The theatre wasn't too big. It sat around 50 people and it was sold out. The play itself was a modern interpretation all in German but nevertheless, the storyline of course is universal :P Romeo also had a broken leg and was using crutches for the entire play and he was AMAZING on it!!
I also can't believe I have only 1 month left!! Where has the 10 months gone!?
What's the most valuable thing I've learnt being here?
To just be. It's a weird statement but it's very true. I learnt a lot about myself and to recognize what I like/appreciate and what I don't like. Before, I would agree or I'd be indifferent about a lot things but here I learnt to really know what I enjoy doing and what I like and that's it's ok to disagree sometimes.
I don't think the other girls here with me can say the same, but I feel like I DID learn a lot about design. I feel as though I'm more connected to what I do instead of completing something simply because I have to or have no more time to work on it.
I also learnt that Germans are indeed quite upfront.
I also learnt that communication is more important than anything especially in a foreign country or even with the people you live with.
I learnt that things get dirty...fast... especially in a small flat. I have no idea how we collect so much dust within days.
I learnt that I can really live without a lot of things and I really appreciate/take for granted what I have at home. Things like a good washer and dryer, a proper kitchen with enough cutlery, a good refrigerator (our fridge leaks water everywhere), a good bed and desk to work on, printers...
I learnt that I really need to get working :P (aka...I procratinate...)
love,
mw
2 comments:
Great Reflection!! ^^ I'm glad you're having a great time there! But don't remember those that you left behind! TuT haha
It is a good experience to be away from where you come from, and I think you have enjoyed it. Treasure the days there and be happy on every "today"
Tony and Winnie
Post a Comment